maître de conférences - Traduction / traductologieCNU : SECTION 11 - LANGUES ET LITTERATURES ANGLAISES ET ANGLO-SAXONNES
- Laboratoire / équipe
- Composantes, facultés
03 20 41 69 79
[en sabbatique, 2018]
Traduction et ...
Transparency and Desire, contrapuntal translation theory
- Monograph in preparation: Transparent Desire: the contrapuntal future of translation
- Integration of the theories, practices and pedagogies of translation and creative writing. A key concept is the Creative Calque
Calligrammes, Logogrammes and Concrete Poetry
Ideologies: imperialisms, gender/genre(s)
- e.g. « From défrichement to déchiffrement: the linguistic cultivation of rural France and the aftermath of traductologie », in Les territoires de la traduction, Ronald Jenn et Corinne Oster (éds.) Artois Presses Université, 2014. 55 – 78.
Functional Layering (and Skopos Theory)
- The imaginative (and sometimes literal) separation of source text and target text into layers with diverse functions in both the analysis and production of translations. The stratified extra-dimensional approach to translation has ethical as well as technical and creative applications.
New Technologies of Reading and Writing, and the Synoptic Hypothesis
- The Synoptic Hypothesis: Modes of textual reception and composition will become increasingly and irreversibly synoptic, such that multiple versions of a text and its paratexts can be read, rewritten and appended – both by individuals and groups of collaborators – together and more or less simultaneously.
Were the hypothesis proven, one simple upshot would be that the assumed absence or inaccessibility of the source text in reception of a target text would no longer be tenable in translation theory.