professeur des universités - mathematical tools for data scienceCNU : SECTION 61 - GENIE INFORMATIQUE, AUTOMATIQUE ET TRAITEMENT DU SIGNAL
- Laboratoire / équipe
- Composantes, facultés
Domaines de recherche
compressive sampling, tensor-based methods, array signal processing, Bayesian performance bounds, parameter estimation and detection
Rémy Boyer received the M.Sc. and Ph.D degrees from the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Telecommunications (ENST-Paris or Télécom ParisTech) in 1999 and 2002, respectively, in statistical signal processing. From 2002 to 2003, he was a postdoctoral fellow during six months at Sherbrooke University (Canada). From 2003 to 2018, he is an associate professor at Université Paris-Sud - Laboratory of Signals and Systems (L2S). From 2011 to 2012, Rémy Boyer was a visiting researcher at the SATIE Laboratory (Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan) and at the University of Aalborg (Danemark). Rémy Boyer received an "Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (HDR)" from the Université Paris-Sud in December 2012.
He is currently a full professor with University of Lille (faculty of Sciences and Technologies) in EEA dep. and at laboratory CRIStAL in DATING GT and SigMA team.
During 5 years, Remy Boyer has taught a course in 'tensor processing and applications' in CentraleSupelec (M2R ATSI) and his teaching activity is currently in the domain of data science including signal processing and mathematical tools for engineers. Remy Boyer has supervised more than 15 PhD students on these research subjects.
His research interest is mainly centered around mathematical tools for data science including
- tensor-based processing,
- compressive sampling,
- array signal processing,
- Bayesian performance bounds for parameter estimation and detection.
Rémy Boyer is the author or co-author of over 150 publications, He was awarded the prize for excellence in scientific research ("prime d'excellence scientifique" in french) for 12 years. He has been an elected member of the CCSU ("Commission Consultative de Spécialistes de l'Université") in section 61, an elected member of the L2S laboratory board, a nominated member of the CNU ("Conseil National des Universités") in section 61. He has been the scientific director of the 12-th French summer school in Signal and Image Processing.
He is an expert for
- the ANR ("Agence Nationale de la Recherche")
- the NWO ("Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research").
Rémy Boyer is an IEEE Senior member and a member of the:
- EURASIP TAC SPMuS (Signal Processing for Multisensor Systems)
- EURASIP TAC TMTSP ("Theoretical and Methodological Trends in Signal Processing"),
- IEEE TPC Sensor Array and Multichannel (SAM)
He is an Associate Editor for
- IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing
- ELSEVIER Signal Processing.
Rémy Boyer is also an
- elected secretary of the French chapter of the IEEE Signal Processing Society and
- elected member of the board of the national research group ("GDR") ISIS ("Information, Signal, Image and viSion").
- elected member of the steering committee of the GRETSI association
- the deputy director of the EEA department, in charge of the 'automatic' chapter
- the head of the SigMA team in the CRIStAL lab.(from the 1st January 2020)